Wednesday, February 9, 2011

An Everything Post - Food, Cake and Projects!

I'm feeling better!  Which means lots to do and so little time to do it all!

Where to begin?  Ok first, here are some food pics from our Superbowl Party.  After all was said and done, we had 42 people over for the big game, two tv's going inside and out, jacuzzi time, and PLENTY of munchies!

Homemade Cinnamon Chips

 Meatballs in Tomato Sauce for "Turnovers"

 Look at all the food!

A few posts ago, I posted about the "jazz" cake I made.  But I was finally able to upload better pictures of it, so here you go!

Triple Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Filling, Buttercream Frosting, Fondant Pieces



I'd really love some feedback.  I definitely had a lot of fun doing this one.
On to one of the projects for this week.  I read a project at Domestically Speaking on using chalkboard paint on vases or old empty glass bottles.  So I started it this week!  Here's the progress... final pictures to come for some party links this weekend:



They definitely take a few coats, so be patient, like 3 hours in between coats patient.  Then 3 days before chalking on patient.  I hate being patient.  But I WILL wait.  The finished product will be worth it.
I'm also working on one of those "no sew" blankets in my son's dance studio's colors.  Go green and blue!  Let's just say this Mama is not going to be cold in a theater or ballroom anymore.  :) I'll post pics when I'm finished with that as well.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Oooo I can't wait to see what you do with those newly painted vases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vases are look good... I know the waiting is the hardest part with paint.

    ReplyDelete