Sunday, February 27, 2011

Disneyland Surprise

Please forgive the delay in posting... that flu bug I got hit with a couple of weeks ago came back with a true vengeance on Tuesday of this week.  Hey, at least it waited until after Disneyland.  :)  Regardless, I had 103 degree fever, a cough that won't stop, body aches, chills, yada yada yada.  So much fun!

But here it is... the Disneyland surprise post.
....................................................

I brought the boys into my room Monday morning and gave them this card:
It says: Landon and Cameron, I can't wait to see you today at Disneyland.  Love, Mickey Mouse

Their reaction on video isn't working on here, but let's just say, NOT the one I was expecting.  No jumping up and down excitement until they realized (and after much explanation from me) that we were going right then.  Cameron thought the surprise was McDonald's!  And then wanted to play Wii instead!  Seriously, McDonald's and Wii take priority over a surprise trip to Disneyland?  Shoot me now.  But it definitely didn't ruin the day.  We had such a blast!

We started off at California Adventure: went on Tower of Terror (yes, all three of us... Cameron didn't really know what was going to happen and he met the height requirement), then saw Ms. Cassie in Aladdin.  She plays Jasmine.  She even had us do a "meet and greet" after the show!  So awesome!




Then we made our way over to Disneyland and spent the rest of the day there.  It started to get really crowded because of it being a Monday Holiday, but that didn't stop us from having a great time.  We ended the day with Space Mountain, and boy do I have the BEST picture from the ride.  It's the one that the ride takes as you're on it, and since the roller coaster is completely pitch dark, I couldn't see Cameron's face while sitting next to me.  But when I saw the snapshot on the screen after we were finished, I could not stop laughing.  It is poster child terrified!  LOL  But they did great, and I was so proud of how brave they were.  It's currently on my desk at work, so check back in a couple days when I can post it.

Here are some things I learned on our date day:
1) I loathe the chains or ropes that make up the lines.  No matter what, your child will ALWAYS play with them paying no attention to who's butt, leg, or child they are hitting.
2) Even if you are obviously by yourself with two children pushing a double stroller, PEOPLE WILL NOT MOVE FOR YOU.  I could be pushing the kids up a hill and yet I, get that I, had to move out of the way for teenagers and/or other people coming down.  About the third or fourth time of my stroller wheels getting caught in the parade tracks, I stopped moving and just started running into people.  I even told Cameron to stick his feet out.  Yup, I did that.  Can you blame me?
3) The healthy food stands in the park cost 50% less than all the junk food stands!  What the heck?!?!  I'm so lucky that I packed lunches and snacks, but I'm even luckier that I have kids that choose apples and bananas over churros and cotton candy.
4) People in line like to become your best friend.  Sorry, but I don't feel like learning your life story while I'm trying to stop my children from hitting people with the chains.
5) Walking past the bakery on Main Street on your way out is a must.  Going inside and waiting in the long line to get a baked good is a must.  Keeping your children in the stroller while you're waiting is a must.  Mmmmmm I can still taste the snickerdoodle.

All in all, best.day.ever.  I will never forget that day of craziness, excitement and pure joy.  A big thank you to our dear friend, Ms. Cassie for making the day possible.  It will be a day I cherish forever.



Happy Sunday to you all.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend and happy blogging!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment