Sunday, December 11, 2011

Taste the Rainbow

Since Pinterest has become the new love of my life (sorry Mr. Crazy), finding ideas (and the time to do them) has become a main objective.  Knowing that my birthday is a mere 5 days away but we celebrated last night, I knew I had to try the ever-so-tempting Skittles infused Vodka that I saw on there.  I've created my own tutorial... and let's just say, the day and a half wait for the infusion was very well worth it.

Here is what you will need:
Vodka (6 ounces per bottle) - don't skimp on this step... buy Smirnoff or better.
5 empty water bottles
2 bags of skittles
Coffee filters
5 containers (I didn't have clear jars or flasks, so plastic containers sufficed.)
Funnel (because they make everything easier)


First step is separate the Skittles by color.


Then fill each water bottle with approximately 6 ounces of Vodka.  Take a shot if you feel the need.  Stay sober.


Put each set of colors into separate bottles and shake shake shake like crazy.  The more shakin, the better.




Don't these look super pretty so far???... just wait until you taste it!


Let sit overnight so the candies can dissolve more.  And if you want, shake a bit more before going to bed.  I told you shakin is good.  ;)
The next day, you will need to filter out some white sugary foam that forms at the top of each bottle.  I simply put a coffee filter in a funnel and filtered that way.  This process takes a little while so the more funnels you have to "multi-filter", the better.



Then voila!  You have Skittles flavored Vodka!!!


I put these in our freezer to chill prior to the party.  You can mix it with Sprite, Mountain Dew, Ginger Ale.  Have it on the rocks for all I care.  Just drink responsibly... and taste the rainbow!  We sure did.


Who knew Skittles + Vodka could be so awesome?

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment