Thursday, July 26, 2012

Old Dresser Made Over

Many years ago we were given a dresser for my step-daughter, Jordan, that basically served its purpose.  It wasn't anything spectacular.  There were old stickers left on.  What was probably once white, was now an antique yellow... and not the pretty kind.  Is there a pretty kind?  Not to mention, there was gold trim everywhere.  Now that we've moved and Jordan and I were able to pick out her room decor, I got to work on it right away.  Well, somewhat right away.  ;)

Let's just take a look at the before pictures:


Can we say yuck?!?!  Ok, let's get to the details.

First, I painted the entire dresser with two coats of satin white paint.  Piece of cake.
I found this amazing contact paper at Home Depot when I was there shopping for moving boxes of all things.  It's a 16ft long stripe with a "damask" type pattern on it.  This company makes ALL kinds of decals!  You can find their website here: Wall-Pops.  I thought it would look perfect on the fronts of the drawers.  I think I underestimated just how beautiful it would look though.  It's a simple peel and stick and I was able to cut it to size so easily.

The hardware was still very vintage, but adorable, so I decided to spray it a bright pink... but of course, it had to sparkle!  I got "Posh Pink" glitter spray made by Krylon from Michaels Craft Store.  Ummmmm hello shiny!  Perfection.  I loved it so much, I decided to spray her curtain tie-back with the same spray.

Finally, the top drawer was a little too difficult to cut the contact paper to shape, so I figured, why not go all black?  It makes the bright pink hardware pop!  I trimmed the top with the black as well, and voila!  Brand.New.Dresser.

Drumroll please...



So what do ya think?  Simply perfect for an almost 8 year old, right?  Well, she absolutely loves it, so that's what matters most to me.

Linking up at: 

Photobucket






Next time, I'll be updating with the finished product of our downstairs powder room.  It's all beachy and cute.  Have a great weekend everyone!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment